LEGAL NATURE OF THE INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY LETTER OF CREDIT
This author has analysed payments by the letter of credit widely used in international trade, when the buyer of goods (importer) writes an order to his bank to transfer funds to the seller (exporter) specified in the letter of credit and in compliance with the terms of the letter. The further development of international trade created a basis for the evolvement of financial and trade letters of credit and shaped them into a secure financial tool of a documentary letter of credit. The term “documentary” has settled in practice as a part of the whole letter of credit process.
1. Georgian constitution, TB, 2014
2. Uniform rules on documentary acridities established by world trade organization, 2006., Access mode: http//pravo.rse.ru./interi/doc/02.01)
3. Convention on independent guarantees., Access mode: http//pravo.rse.ru./interi/doc/02.01;
4. Georgian Civil Law, TB, 2013. თბ. 2013წ;
5. Georgian Law on Central Bank and commercial banks;
6. US Trade law., Access mode: http//pravo.rse.ru./interi/doc/02.01);
7. Davis A. The law relating to commercial Letters of credit. - London, Pitman, 1939., pp. 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1017/s0008197300013556
8. Cook A. Financing export and import. 1923., p. 32
9. Pelfreman D. Ford P. Elements of Banking. Pritman Publish – ung. - London., 1996
10. Brigham E. Garenski L. Financial Management (Theory and fractice). 7thed. - New York., The Dryden Press 1994.
11. Folsom, R Gor..on, M Sepanogle L, International business, Budapest, folpi 1996
12. Perm G., Shea A., Arora A. The law and Practice of international banking. Bankinglaw. Vol. 2. - London, 1987., P. 296.