ANTI-PLAGIARISM POLICY OF THE GISAP PROJECT AND EDITIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All scientific studies (reports, articles etc.) submitted for participation in the research analytics championships and scientific-practical conferences of the GISAP project, and also for publication in collections of scientific reports and specialized journals of the IASHE must be original.
This requirement assumes that all these studies must be created by the direct creative work (creative activity based on individual efforts, possibilities and skills) of the specific person officially presented as the author of the scientific report.
Therefore, in order to ensure belonging of materials to the author and to guarantee their legal use by the authorized persons, in the process of original publications preparation the GISAP project participants ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
- copy any kinds of data presented on the Internet and in other sources of information with the purpose of publishing it or distributing in any way as own materials of the author;
- transformation of the form or contents of the borrowed information of any kind (regardless of its source) or combination with other data without official acquisition of the right to perform such actions and with the purpose of publishing such data or distributing it in any way as own materials of the author;
- use third parties in the research and preparation of the scientific report in favor of another person;
- fully copy own scientific report previously published in the scientific edition to get a second publication of it in another edition or under another title - with the purpose of creation of the illusion of the new (original) author's report (self-plagiarism).
At the same time in the process of preparation of the original scientific report the following actions of the researcher connected with the use of intellectual capabilities and professional qualifications of the third parties are not considered as a illegal:
- citation or author's interpretation of small fragments (not being the major part of the research and not determining its content) of materials authored by the third parties with indication of the corresponding references in the bibliographic appendix enclosed to the scientific report;
- citation or author's interpretation of small fragments of materials authored by unknown persons, borrowed from open (generally available) sources with indication of the corresponding references in the bibliographic appendix enclosed to the scientific report;
- receiving and taking into account opinions, notes and reviews of third parties in the process of preparation or correction of the scientific study (such expert information must not be used in the work word-to-word, must not form the main part of the report and must not determine its content);
- implementation of the research and preparation of the scientific report by two or several persons (co-authorship) upon condition of equal participation of all authors in this process.
II. PREVENTION OF PLAGIARISM
Requirements concerning the inadmissibility of plagiarism, as well as the necessity to indicate references to sources of the borrowed information in the scientific reports are presented on the official website of the GISAP project and on websites of the IASHE journals.
Condition of obligatory rejection of plagiarism is included into all agreements concluded and implemented within the framework of the GISAP project and publishing activity of the IASHE.
Original innovations of researchers and their aspiration to independent creative thinking are comprehensively appreciated, emphasized and awarded with prizes and preferential options within the framework of the GISAP project.
Independent thinking of researchers in the GISAP project stimulates an open dialogue between authors of scientific reports, their colleagues from around the world and representatives of the international expert community.
The IASHE project of mass distribution of "innovative abstracts" of scientific reports presented in the GISAP project is a factor preventing plagiarism.
III. DETECTION OF FACTS OF PLAGIARISM
All scientific reports submitted for participation in research analytics championships and scientific-practical conferences of the GISAP project, and also for publication in collections of scientific reports and specialized journals of the IASHE, pass the plagiarism test in two forms:
1) automatic inspection using the programs: eTBLAST, Viper, Turnitin, Etxt Antiplagiat;
2) inspection through the qualitative assessment of the scientific report made by the professional expert community consisting of representatives of different countries.
IV. QUALIFICATION OF FACTS OF PLAGIARISM
In case if authorized representatives of the IASHE, interested persons (authors whose rights have been violated or their official representatives) or third parties reveal facts of plagiarism in preparation of researches submitted for participation in the GISAP project or for publication in scientific editions of the IASHE, such circumstances will be qualified as violations of law.
In indicated cases the person committing actions connected with the use of plagiarism will be informed about the illegal nature of such actions. The following sanctions will be imposed:
1) Exclusion of the corresponding person from the list of the GISAP project participants once or for a calendar year period (depending on the scale and the number of facts of plagiarism detected). All titles and awards earned in research analytics championships of the GISAP projects with the use of plagiarism will be withdrawn.
2) The scientific report containing plagiarism will be excluded from the program of research analytics championships or scientific-practical conferences without any compensation of the participation fee to the author.
3) Publication of the scientific report containing plagiarism in editions of the IASHE will be rejected without any compensation of the publication fee to its author.
4) In case if the scientific report containing plagiarism has been published despite all the anticipated anti-plagiarism measures, the IASHE will officially publish information about this fact on its official websites and in the nearest issues of printed matters. The Academy will also officially apologize to the person whose rights have been violated and acknowledge his or her authorship. The information about the violation of law will be sent to the law-enforcement authorities for making the decision concerning application of measures of legal reaction.
V. PROCEDURE OF OFFICIAL CONSIDERATION AND ASSESSMENT OF FACTS OF PLAGIARISM
The procedure of official consideration and assessment of facts of plagiarism in the GISAP project may be initiated by any person possessing information about such facts and able to reasonably confirm their presence.
The indicated person has the right to send the motivated application to the Vice-President of the IASHE Thomas Morgan via email or using the "feedback" option on the official websites of the Academy, the GISAP project or websites of the IASHE scientific journals.
If facts of plagiarism in the GISAP project are confirmed, the IASHE will implement the procedure of consideration of such facts involving the applicant, the delinquent and the person whose rights have been violated.
The specified sanctions for plagiarism in the GISAP project may be imposed on the basis of the independent decision of the IASHE or on the basis of the application by the person whose rights have been violated.